What is a satellite office?
First, let’s cover the basics, a satellite office is a business branch office, separate from the main business HQ. It is often a smaller office in a new location. This allows businesses to diversify the geographical regions they target and operate in smaller, more agile workspaces. These spaces are also known as virtual offices (Wikipedia)
What are the benefits of a satellite office?
There is a huge range of benefits to a business when running a remote office model:
- Transportation – by running a set of smaller localised offices, employees can have a more accessible place of work to travel to. This allows members of your team to get to work quicker, easier and with less need for, and time spent on, commuting.
- Flexible working – branch offices work well when partnered with the option to work from home. As a result, by giving employees a smaller hub they are free to use whenever they need, it can make the process of working from home easier and more efficient.
- Hybrid working – different offices can accommodate smaller teams, helping staff to continue with either hybrid or remote working. This is a particularly important point post COVID, as both employees and businesses are looking for more flexibility.
- Meeting and event space – office space gives businesses freedom and flexibility. Many employees are happy to work from home. Yet, there are certain times when face-to-face meetings, team working or team events are necessary. In these instances, serviced offices are a perfect solution. Moreover, they provide a base of operations for your team to work or a place to take meetings that are easily accessed whenever required – and let’s face it nobody needs another Zoom call.
- Tech and hardware – for those of the team who need to print, copy or scan items beyond the ability of a desktop computer, an office location is an ideal place to carry out these specialist tasks.
- A base for staff on the road – additional offices can provide a welcome base for sales reps and other members of the team who are normally on the road
How to set up a satellite office?
Setting up an office in a new location is fairly straightforward. However there are a few key things it is worth considering before you do:
- Have you identified and confirmed the demand for this space? You don’t want to go through the process only to find not enough people are using it to make it worthwhile.
- Decide on leasing vs. owning a space outright. If this is an additional office do you want to be tied down with owning the building and sorting out all of the services yourself?
- Decide whether you would like furnished or unfurnished. Again, this is a question of whether you would like to source the furniture yourself or have it all provided. If you have resources within your team it may be easier for you to do this yourself.
- Work out the best location for your new office:
- What geographic position is within reach for most of your staff?
- Do you need a city-centre location or one close to motorway links?
- What on-site facilities are important to the team? e.g. meeting rooms, cafe, parking
- What are the public transport links like?
- How fast and easy to access is the broadband connection?
- What are the social aspects of the area like? Is it easy for people to reach places to eat, drink and socialise after work?
- Does the environment fit with the culture of the team? Is the proposed location a nice place to work and does it have the right combination of communal and private spaces for collaborative and deep work?
Why choose Hope Park to rent an office in Bradford?
Hope Park has a great range of serviced office options available. All our offices are fully furnished with all the necessary resources a business requires. Our office sizes range from 1-2, 3-4, 6-10 and 15-30 person offices. We also have perfect size meeting rooms to go with these offices from 1-3 up to 15-30 people.
With flexible spaces to suit a variety of different-sized businesses, our impressive reception and breakout areas will make great first impressions on your clients. Get in touch now and book a viewing for your business at our Rooley Lane or City Gateway, Bradford locations.